FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long is registration?
- Registration is the whole month of June at dothanflagfootball.com.
When do practices and games start?
- Registration is the whole month of June and will be selecting teams early July. Practices will begin about the 3rd week of July and games in early August. Schedules will be created mid July upon creation of the teams. The regular season starts in mid August and runs through late October with playoffs to conclude the season.
How much does it cost to play?
- The "Early Bird" cost per player is $75 for all divisions. Each player will receive a NFL team logo jersey, pocketless DFFL logo shorts, and NFL Flags. Thereafter, prices will increase for late registrations due to increased costs for jersey procurement.
What are the age breakdowns?
- Age groups are 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15, and 16-18. July 1st is the age cutoff used as a guideline to the age division breakdown. We have Boys and Girls divisions in each of those age groups. Registration numbers in each age division will dictate adjustments to the age division breakdown.
What is the age cutoff for the divisions?
- July 1st is the date used as a guideline for each of the age divisions.
What days are the games played?
- Games will be once a week per team, all during the week. Our preferred game days are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Stay away from Weekends, if at all possible. Season will be from mid August to late October..
What day and where are the practices?
- Practices will be held at the coaches’ discretion with whatever time and location that is best for their team.
Who will be the coaches and how do you become a coach?
- We encourage parents to participate as coaches as we promote a fun filled family atmosphere in developing proper sportsmanship. To become a Coach please select the appropriate box on the registration form. Every coach must have a current background check.
How do I request a friend or coach for my child's team?
- On the registration form it will ask you "Friend Request" and "Coach Request",
How do I form or register a team?
- Each team requires at least 7 players on the roster with a maximum of 10. To organize a team, please have each player either request a Coach or Friend on the registration form. Individual players will be assigned to a team. Preferable to have teams grouped by school or community (Headland, Rehobeth, Ashford, Wicksburg, etc).
We live outside of the Dothan City limits, can we still play?
- Absolutely. Each team requires at least 7 players on the roster with a maximum of 10. To organize a team please have each player either request a Coach or Friend on the registration form. Individual players will be assigned to a team. Preferable to have teams grouped by school or community (Headland, Rehobeth, Ashford, Wicksburg, etc),
What does my kid need to wear for games?
- As part of registration, each player will receive a reversible NFL logo jersey, pocketless DFFL logo shorts, and NFL Flags.
- Cleats are not required, but recommended.
What type of football will be used?
- Official Game Balls will be Under Armour 495 Footballs
- 6u - Franklin Mini Playbook Football
- 8u - Pee Wee
- 10u - Pee Wee
- 12u Boys - Junior 12u Girls - Pee Wee
- 15u Boys - Youth 15u Girls - Junior
- 18u Boys - Official 18u Girls - Youth